Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy

Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy is a small, public alternative elementary school located in the heart of the Castro District - San Francisco. We are dedicated to achieving academic excellence, teaching tolerance and nonviolence, celebrating diversity, and building a strong family - school - community connection.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Long walks and practice

Hey there folks....

Well today I decided to walk to do all my errands.  The walk was really nice, I had an opportunity to give a head nod and say hello to folks passing; I had the opportunity to actually see what some of the stores are selling, nothing interested me; I had the opportunity to think about some of the things I think are important, and why; I had the opportunity to listen to music on my $79 shuffle (it is now $49) and hear the actual lyrics of songs I have long time enjoyed; most importantly I had an opportunity to think about all the reasons I have to be thankful.

This evening I took a nice bike ride, maybe 4 miles (ish) give or take half a mile.  Anyway, the ride was just wonderful.  I smiled, people smiled back; I said hello, folks said hello back; no one tried to run me off the road, or honked their horns to hurry me along.  It was a nice ride, a very nice ride.

me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home