Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy

Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy is a small, public alternative elementary school located in the heart of the Castro District - San Francisco. We are dedicated to achieving academic excellence, teaching tolerance and nonviolence, celebrating diversity, and building a strong family - school - community connection.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Whew.....It is HOT!!!!


Hey there folks.

Okay......lets cut to the chase......Walking is lovely, walking is great, walking is good for us, walking is one of the best ways to see the world, walking is the ideal exercises.

Now that we have established how wonderful walking is, lets get down to business. Walking makes my FEET HURT!!!!! Did you hear me, whoops. I mean did you read that? Let me write it again....WALKING MAKES MY (MY) FEET HURT!!!!

I did some practice walking, I walked 10 miles here and there, I told folks "I am practicing for my walk to Sacramento." Everybody thought my practice was a great idea, and would be overall helpful. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, the practice was good and all. Let me tell you a lil secret though, walking 20 plus miles per day in heat requires more than practice, it requires a tiny bit of..............lets say......ummmmmmmmmmmmmm "Are you out of your mind....????!!!!" (not a question, a statement).

all said with smiles and laughter

Gotta go walk for the next 4.5 hours....be back later.

me

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sande and Kelly, Keep on walkin, keep on talkin, keep on the path to fundin for education not incarceration. I'm just back from walking with the Longest Walk2 with American Indian Movement to protect sacred places and protect the health of our planet for the next seven generations. After walking for 5 months from SF to DC, walkers, runners and supporters delivered a Manifesto to Congress. I joined in Knoxville Tenn. on June 14th and walked to DC. We arrived July 11It is an important walk you are doing for the future generations too. Happy trails Solidarity! Mishwa from Civic Center Middle School.

August 1, 2008 at 1:03 AM  
Blogger Wanika Stephens said...

Hey Girls,

Sending you MAD LOVE from San Francisco! We are so proud of you for your courage and determination, but most of all
WE LOVE YOU for standing up for our childrens right to a quality education. God Bless You!

The Stephens Family

August 1, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home