Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy

Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy is a small, public alternative elementary school located in the heart of the Castro District - San Francisco. We are dedicated to achieving academic excellence, teaching tolerance and nonviolence, celebrating diversity, and building a strong family - school - community connection.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

From Ms. Clark

I am really looking forward to our educational walk. This past Saturday, Ms. Leigh and I had the pleasure of driving various routes from SF to Sac. I must tell you that there are so many great, interesting, and wonderful places to spend a day. If time presents itself.....get out there....and check it out.

I am hopeful that many of you will pass the word, and or join us on this walk....the cause is of most importance.....FREE!!!!!!! WORTHY!!!!!!!!!! WELL FUNDED!!!!!!!!! PUBLIC EDUCATION!!!!!!!! Every child needs and deserves a good education, and it is up to us to make sure that schools have what they need to take care of the educational needs of children.

So then.....how bout you get out your walking shoes, load your ipod (or whatever music devise), get a couple of good books (we do have to stop and rest from time to time), get your thoughts and worries loaded (you will have an opportunity to think'em and reason them into perspective), and come get some good healthy exercise (walking works).

smiles.peace.summer.sunshine.family.love.
----me----

1 Comments:

Blogger kclark said...

The holiday was nice.....! Everyone have a great time? Good, good, good to know.

So then....we are getting closer and closer to our walk. Yes, closer and closer. I am so excited; hope I maintain this enthusiasm during the actual one foot in front of the other.

Think about it.....it will be hot, and each day I (and Ms. Leigh) will have the opportunity to put about 18 miles on a pair of shoes.

So then, lets see how my enthusiasm holds during the walk.

It is quite nice that I can walk and read at the same time, I can walk and talk at the same time too, I guess most folks can do that, huh. (smile)


Kelly

July 7, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home